Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss (HSPL) was created by Amy Wright Glenn, founder of the Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death. This workshop will compassionately and wisely prepare participants to more confidently and clearly hold space for one of life’s most painful and devastating losses.
This workshop is designed to benefit midwives, obstetricians, doulas, nurses, lactation consultants, prenatal yoga teachers, prenatal massage therapists, hospital chaplains, ministers, counselors, and pastoral care providers who support women/pregnant persons and their families through pregnancy loss. One need not be employed in these fields – everyone is welcome.
Rev. Dawn Welburn will guide participants through a heartfelt analysis of three key components central to holding space for grieving mothers, fathers, pregnant persons, and their families ~
* An introduction to the companioning model of care * An exploration of best care practices surrounding bereaved mothers/pregnant persons. * A cross-cultural understanding of the healing power of ritual
- This training is ONLINE, 6 hours long–divided into 2 days.
- October 24 & 25, 2020. 11am-2pm Central US time each day.
- Cost is $90 * some scholarships available
- **there are no refunds. May be used for next training in circumstances of a birth/death you need to attend.
Contact Dawn@Dawnwelburn.com with questions and to register. Links to pay via PayPal or Venmo will be sent.